- Introduction of Automated Fare Technology
- Smart card and mobile app fare payment options will replace paper-based paper and tickets.
- Introduction of Reduced Fare Options for Seniors (65+); Persons with Disabilities; and Youth riders (ages 6-18)
- Introduction of Fare Capping pricing
Riders with smart cards/mobile ticketing will never pay more that $6/day and $60/month for local service; $3/day and $30/month for Reduced Fare local service.
- Smart Cards will be available at at retail outlets where cash can be loaded onto a card or linked to a bank account.
- Introduction of new pass, allowing unlimited trips for 90 minutes (paper transfers will be eliminated)
- Fare increase
One-way fare regular fare from $1.50 to $2.00 and reduced fare from .75 to $1.00.
METRO BREEZ one-way regular fare from $3 to $4 and reduced fare from $1.50 to $2.00
METRO staff is working with South Portland Bus Service, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service to coordinate fare policy changes.
Link to Press Release (March 8, 2019)
Link to Background Information (March 8, 2019)
Link to Public Meeting Presentations (March 8, 2019)
Link to Fare Capping Video (updated March 14, 2019)