UPDATE -- Introducing DiriGO TouchPass
Beginning October 1, 2020, METRO riders will be required to board in the front of the bus and pay a fare.
- Due to the COVID - 19 pandemic, fares were suspended in March 20, service was reduced, riders were asked to board the bus through the back door, and several new policies were created.
- The safety guidelines, including the requirement that ALL riders wear a face covering, remain in effect. SEE Health Advisory HERE
- Routes returned to full service on August 30, 2020.
New UPDATED Schedules: Effective August 30, 2020.
- Increased fares and an updated fare system will be introduced October 1, 2020
- The launch of this new system, DiriGo TouchPass, and the fare increase was originally planned to begin on April 1, 2020, for METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service; but, was delayed to the the pandemic.
- Press release: HERE
- Fare Prices: HERE
This new fare system introduces a pay-as-you-go benefit called fare-capping.
Information and VIDEO - HERE
The new system is called DiriGo TouchPass (LINK to website with info)
- DiriGo TouchPass Mobile App --
Download TouchPass Transit on your smartphone, click on DiriGo,
Register your account, add money using a credit or debit card, and scan the QR code from your phone on the reader when you board the bus, find a seat. Information and Directions - HERE
- DIriGo TouchPass Card -
Get your card (visit DIriGoTouchPass.org for list of locations), register your card, add money to your account using a credit or debit card OR visit the METRO Pulse at Elm Street, Saco Transportation Center, South Portland City Hall, or your local CVS (look for more options soon!) to add money to your DIriGO TouchPass Card; tap your smartcard to the reader when you board the bus; find a seat.
Information and Directions - HERE
- PAY CASH (Exact Change) -- NEW FARE PRICES:
Full Local Fare is now $2.00 | Reduced Fare is $1
Full Express Fare is $4.00 | Reduced fare is $2
Cash will still be accepted on all three transit systems.
- How do I pay to ride?
- How do I signal to get off the bus?
- How does the new fare system work if I need to take two buses to get to my destination?
- What accessibility features are found on METRO buses?
- Can I get on an “Out of Service” bus while I am standing at a bus stop or stay on the bus after it’s out of service?
- If I still have questions, how do I get answers?