Due to the current health pandemic:
- Fare payment has been suspended until further notice. All Rides on METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach, South Portland Bus Service, and RTP are FREE.
- METRO has reduced all routes for Monday - Saturday service to a Saturday service schedule.
Sunday service has not changed.
- The new fare policy planned to begin on April 1, 2020 has been delayed due to the current health pandemic.
After this crisis is over, METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service will introduce a new fare payment system.
The new system is called
DiriGo TouchPass (click link for info)
One Way Fare:
$1.50 | .75 Reduced Fare
$13.50 | $6.75 Reduced Fare
$45 (for calendar month)
Fares through 3/31/20
One Way Fare
$3.00 |$1.50 Reduced Fare
$27.00 |$13.50 Reduced Fare
$90 (calendar month -- accepted on
ALL METRO Routes)
Information on purchasing tickets, reduced fare guidelines, and other fare options at right.
Access information about METRO fare rates.
View information about METRO BREEZ Express Service fare rates.
Learn where to buy METRO fare media including TenRide tickets and passes.
View special programs for youth and students including rates and fare reductions.
Obtain information about the Reduced Fare Program and submit an application.
Information about the upcoming Automated Fare Program and fare increase, including anticipated time frame.
- How do I pay to ride?
- How do I signal to get off the bus?
- How do I transfer to another bus?
- What accessibility features are found on METRO buses?
- Can I get on an “Out of Service” bus while I am standing at a bus stop or stay on the bus after it’s out of service?
- If I still have questions, how do I get answers?