Service Changes & Detours
Winter Weather Delays
None at this time. Please check back regularly for updates.
Effective February 10, 2019: Service Changes for Husky, Breez, and Routes 2, 3, 4, 5, 9A, 9B. All changes are listed for each individual route schedule below the current schedule. These changes are being implemented to more accurately reflect travel times; most are minor time adjustments to keep our service on schedule. Routes 1, 7, and 8 remain unaffected. Click here to be taken to the main Maps & Schedules page for access to all routes.
2019 Pride Parade – Saturday, June 15, 2019
10:00am – Preble Street closed from Cumberland to Congress.
- Route 7 bus with leave the Pulse, turn right onto Cumberland, right onto Chestnut, left onto Congress, and resume regular route. The stops at Preble St, and Key Bank will be missed.
- Route 8 bus will leave Hannaford, turn left onto Cumberland, right onto Chestnut, right onto Congress, and resume regular route. The stop at Preble and Cumberland will be missed.
12:30pm – Congress Street closed from Elm to High. Stops along Congress will be missed.
- Route 1, 9B, and Breez headed eastbound will deviate from Congress, right on State, left on Spring, left on Temple, and right onto Congress to resume regular route.
- Route 1, 9A, and Breez headed westbound will deviate from Congress, left on Temple, right on Spring, right on Brackett, right on Dow, and left onto Congress to resume regular route.
- Route 2, 4, and 5 headed inbound will turn left from Forest onto Cumberland, right on Chestnut, right on Congress, and right on Elm to arrive at the Pulse.
- Route 8 leaving Maine Medical Center will deviate from High St, right on Spring, and straight to resume regular route on Middle St.
- Route 8 leaving Hannaford will continue its current detour onto Cumberland, turn right on Chestnut, right on Congress, left on Temple, right on Spring, right on Brackett, right on Dow, and left on Congress to resume regular route.
1:15pm – 1:30pm – High Street and Park Ave will be closed during parade progression.
- Route 5 inbound will stay on Congress St, and resume regular route at Congress Square. Stops along Park Ave will be missed.
- Route 5 outbound will leave the Post Office, turn right onto Forest Ave, left onto Falmouth, left onto Deering Ave, and right onto Park to resume regular route. Stops in front of Deering Oaks will be missed.
2:00pm – 6:00pm – Festival at Deering Oaks.
- All street closures will reopen once all people are out of the streets.
- Above detours are subject to change.
- All bus operators will make courtesy stops as requested.
Please check back for updates or sign up for alerts through "Notify Me."
The METRO provides safe service during typical Maine weather conditions, but if the weather is severe, routes may be detoured or delayed. Please check this website for updates or visit the Southern Maine Transit Tracker website.
Please note potential detours due to poor weather.
When METRO Route 1 can not safely provide service to bus stops along Atlantic Street and the Eastern Prom near Fore Street, please use the bus stop at North / Congress Street.
When METRO Route 4 can not safely provide service to Westbrook Pointe Apartments, please use the bus stop on Mechanic Street.
At the Bus Stop
If a bus stop is not accessible due to snow or ice:
- Wait at the nearest driveway or clear space (if safe to do so), signal the driver, and board the bus. Do not wait in the street.
- Check a smartphone app or text for real time bus time information.
Cancellation of Service
The METRO rarely cancels service; however, in the case of a state emergency or blizzard conditions, it is possible that service could be impacted. Please check the METRO website, facebook and local media outlets for updates.
Receive Service Updates
We make every effort to notify riders of service changes; however, It's not possible to include all current detours related to weather or construction. The best ways to receive current service updates include:
- Sign up on for alerts.
- Sign up at Southern Maine Transit Tracker (SMTT) for text alerts including major detours and other significant updates regarding service.
- Use a smart phone app (free download from smttracker.com) to track a bus or text 41411 with the wording "SMTT bus stop i.d. number (found on the bus stop sign) for updated arrival time.
- Contact Customer Service at 207-774-0351.
Customer Service is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.