Service Changes & Detours
Effective - Sunday, August 26, 2018
New METRO Route #3 service between Portland/Riverside, Westbrook, and South Portland.
Schedule Updates: Routes 2, 4, 5, and METRO BREEZ
Effective - Monday, August 27, 2018
New Husky Line service between Portland, Westbrook, Gorham, and USM campuses in Portland and Gorham.
Please check back for updates or sign up for alerts through "Notify Me."
The METRO provides safe service during typical Maine weather conditions, but if the weather is severe, routes may be detoured or delayed. Please check this website for updates or visit the Southern Maine Transit Tracker website.
Please note potential detours due to poor weather.
When METRO Route 1 can not safely provide service to bus stops along Atlantic Street and the Eastern Prom near Fore Street, please use the bus stop at North / Congress Street.
When METRO Route 4 can not safely provide service to Westbrook Pointe Apartments, please use the bus stop on Mechanic Street.
At the Bus Stop
If a bus stop is not accessible due to snow or ice:
- Wait at the nearest driveway or clear space (if safe to do so), signal the driver, and board the bus. Do not wait in the street.
- Check a smartphone app or text for real time bus time information.
Cancellation of Service
The METRO rarely cancels service; however, in the case of a state emergency or blizzard conditions, it is possible that service could be impacted. Please check the METRO website, facebook and local media outlets for updates.
Receive Service Updates
We make every effort to notify riders of service changes; however, It's not possible to include all current detours related to weather or construction. The best ways to receive current service updates include:
- Sign up on for alerts.
- Sign up at Southern Maine Transit Tracker (SMTT) for text alerts including major detours and other significant updates regarding service.
- Use a smart phone app (free download from smttracker.com) to track a bus or text 41411 with the wording "SMTT bus stop i.d. number (found on the bus stop sign) for updated arrival time.
- Contact Customer Service at 207-774-0351.
Customer Service is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.