METRO FARE POLICY CHANGES
New fare policies were approved by the METRO Board of Directors on May 23, 2019.
Implementation of new systems, listed below, is scheduled to launch near the end of the first quarter of 2020.
The deadline for using tickets and passes, even those marked to expired on Dec. 31, 2019, has been extended to March 31, 2020.
Please check back for additional updates.
Introduction of Automated Technology and Fare Pricing:
- Smart card and mobile app. fare payment options will replace paper-based paper and tickets.
Please note update above -- tickets can be used through March 31, 2020.
- Cash (exact change) will still be accepted on board buses.
- Introduction of Reduced Fare Options for Seniors (65+); Persons with Disabilities; and Youth riders (ages 6-18)
- Introduction of Rewards Program, with Fare Capping pricing
Riders with smart cards/mobile ticketing will never pay more that $6/day and $60/month for local service.
- Smart Cards will be available at at retail outlets where cash can be loaded onto a card or linked to a bank accountt.
- Introduction of new pass, allowing unlimited trips for 90 minutes (paper transfers will be eliminated)
- Fare increase
One-way fare regular fare from $1.50 to $2.00 and reduced fare from .75 to $1.00.
METRO BREEZ one-way regular fare from $3 to $4 and reduced fare from $1.50 to $2.00
Link to listing of fare prices effective April 1, 2020
METRO staff is working with South Portland Bus Service and Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit to coordinate fare policy changes..
Link to additional info.